Monday, January 16, 2017

10 Sewing Notions You Need to Know About: Wonder Clips

Previously, I showed you the Iron Shine Cleaning Pen, Hot Ruler, Patchwork Pins, Wedge Iron, and Self-Threading Needles. Just what else could a quilter possibly need?

Wonder Clips, or course! They're cute and colorful. If that's not enough, they're great little helpers at holding layers of fabric together while you're in the process of sewing them.
Wonder Clips come in packs of 1050, or 100.  There are a variety of color options (redmultipink and ectoplasmic...ahem, neon green), as well as Jumbo (12 pcs. or 24 pcs.) and Mini variations. If you don't purchase a 50 piece set that comes with a box, you can organize your clips with a wrist cushion or make the super adorable Wonder Cushion devised by Esther at Squeeze Quilts.
Most often I use Wonder Clips for hand binding, which I prefer compared to machine binding because it looks so clean and gives me an excuse to watch some mindless television.
I'm in the process of binding a quilt for the APS Homeless Project. I get together with some ladies at a local church for a little charity sewing and a lot of socializing when my husband has a Friday off and can watch the children.
My friend Cheryl prepped the adorable panel quilt, so it was all set for me to bind.
I did have a bunch of Wonder Clips when Clover released their neon green version, but I maybe, just maybe, needed them. Can you see why? I'm feeling the monochromatic bliss!
Follow on Bloglovin
Instagram
Save

2 comments:

  1. They are handy for so many things! Like you, I mostly use them for bindings (hand stitching, of course)! And the neon green is my favorite even though I don't have that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love my wonder clips! I am glad to definitely have some of these tools on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete