Today I'm joining up with Alida at Tweety Loves Quilting for the Art with Fabric blog hop.
The hop features quilt projects inspired by traditional art forms such as paintings, architecture, and sculpture.
My inspiration came from a photograph of a wall carving I took during a trip to Egypt eight years ago. The artist is unknown, given that the work was created thousands of years ago.
Clover Press Perfect Hot Hemmer (affiliate link). My poor sewing gauge isn't getting my love any more.
templar. After applying liquid starch to the seam allowance of each shape, I pressed it around each templar shape. Once the templar was removed, I glue basted the appliqué pieces to the background and hand stitched them down.
This 21" x 40" block will be surrounded by an assortment of other blocks to create a wall hanging. So far, I have added some quarter square triangles. Square in a Square and Four Patch blocks are in the works.
For further inspiration, check out the other stops on the hop:
Monday, May 9th, 2016
- Maartje (http://quiltinginamsterdam.blogspot.com)
- Lee Anna (http://lapaylor.blogspot.com/)
- Renee (http://www.quiltsofafeather.com/)
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
- Yvonne (http://quiltingjetgirl.com/)
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
- Alida (http://tweloquilting.blogspot.com/)
- Yanicka (http://yanickahachez.blogspot.com/)
- Heather (http://www.heatherquilts.blogspot.com/)
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
- Cynthia (http://cynthiasark.blogspot.com.au/)
- Janeen (http://quiltartdesigns.blogspot.com/)
- Wendy (http://www.kwiltkrazy.com)
Friday, May 13th, 2016
- Carol (http://www.quiltedfabricart.com/)
- Jennifer (http://www.inquiringquilter.com)
- Nina-Marie (http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/)
- Joan (http://www.moosestashquilting.blogspot.com/)