Monday, January 5, 2015

Round Robin - Laura's Quilt

I would like to present to you Laura Capello of Thread Up Studio's Round Robin quilt.
It began with the sun in the center, and was followed up with Kathy's warm-colored stitch and flip triangle mound.
Joy added Anna Maria Horner feathers, and came up with an "Earth, Wind, and Fire" theme, to which Lisa added water.
Using free paper-piecing patterns from the Quilt Talk blog hop, I added text to visually express our theme.
I incorporated the color schemes of each section on a low-volume black and white background, to give some repetition to the top.
 Have you ever incorporated text in a quilt? If it's on your bucket list, check out my Pinterest board.
Follow on Bloglovin
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I like your text addition to the quilt! You did a great job matching up the text colors with the fabrics already existing in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great on this quilt! This quilt evolved in a really interesting way, I love the way a group can create such interesting quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The text is a great addition :)

    ReplyDelete