Warning: This post is extremely long and intimidating, for me, as the crazy person with this many UFOs, and for anyone who dares to read this extensive post. However, the first step to recovery...
I'm linking up to Leanne's "She Can Quilt" blog, with my many skeletons in the closet, on the table, in bins...Well, you get the point.
Drum roll please as I bring on the insanity, in no particular order:
This is part of a a paper-pieced border. I like the Stonehenge fabric. I've yet to figure out what it is going to surround.
I've started this in another color scheme.
If I get an insatiable urge to do some considerable curved piecing, there's this beauty designed by John Flynn. I organized in in a pleasing layout on the back of a tablecloth, and the it waits.
This coneflower pattern by Melinda Bula is waiting for some of her "renegade thread play." I even have pre-wound bobbins and matching spools of thread waiting to see the light of day.
This is a 2011 Saturday Sampler that I gave a drastic redesign. The original version is shown here.
The Saturday Sampler 2011 is ready for quilting.
You'd think I'd know better, but the 2010 needs some additional applique before the top can be assembled.
This quilt top gave me a great excuse to use my fruit fabrics, but it still awaits quilting.
This top from "Two From One Jellyroll Quilts" needs quilted too.
I have books and all kinds of great fabrics, but I've yet to get sketching on this idea.
Here's an insane idea I have patterned for a competition piece. It has great potential.
This is a Block of the Month. I have a few more blocks and the layout to go before I am ready to continue the process.
This baby needs basted and quilted, as does its counterpart made from different fabrics.
I've fixed the oops pictured below, but it still awaits basting.
Here's yet another item waiting for me to figure out how to load my mid-arm.
This needs to be quilted.
This needs some seams matched a bit better, and then to be basted.
Some quilting is warranted here.
Then again, I haven't quilted this color way either.
Perhaps, that's not so bad compared to this one.
My excuse is that I need more black for the backing, but really I'm scared to mess my brother's graduation quilt up since som nuch work has gone into it already.
My carseat cover needs some extra stitching due to some rough use.
This top needs pieced together before it goes to someone else to be quilted for a charity fundraiser.
Here's another one in different fabrics.
The blocks are being assembled for this one.
I'd like to make aprons for all our volunteers at the guild's major fundraiser, but I'm thinking I may not have time.
This is a class sample I am using to demonstrate the process.
I bought some Berenstain Bear fabric. The plan is to make a great big treehouse, whose windows open up to reveal fussy-cut sections of my purchased fabric. However, I'm thinking I should get some of the bears doing something other than outdoor sports. Oops!
I have some blocks I painted with acrylic paint and coordinating fabric. They're crunchy because I should have added fabric medium. Shucks!
These are cut. Perhaps they can make a chevron.
Bargello needs some TLC. I hope it hasn't shuffled out of sequence.
My first rendition of this quilt had a seminole border. I am lacking the coordinating fabric and motivation to give this one the same, so I suppose I should baste it.
Can you tell this is an triple Irish chain? I thought not. My hair-brained idea of using embroider center squares is holding up the works in this instance.
This hasn't been unpackaged since the one block I completed at the workshop.
I've had quite enough of this, so I'm thinking a throw pillow, or tote, or anything that doesn't require another blasted Mariner's compass.
This is another one that I don't foresee a future of completion. I think perhaps a wash to restore it to its original unmarked splendor is in order.
Speaking of Deb, her pattern just needs quilted.
These antique dresden plates are equally unlikely to be hand-appliqued. I'm thinking about cutting them into circles, machine stitching a center, and turning them into lollipops or something equally scandalous in the eyes of tradition.
Somebody did all this lovely hand applique, and I think it would be lovely made into a quilt. Hum...
These beauties are all hand stitched. My major contribution has been finding a matching muslin for sashing.
Laura Wasilowski's class activity hasn't come very far. I think I was going to make flowers to stick out of this jug. It's been so long, I don't know what my big plan was.
This Judy Niemeyer pattern just needs some time, but I like how my fabric choices are working.
Here's a southwestern block of the month that is lacking a few blocks.
Michelle Watts, you are a fabulous teacher, so I have no good excuse for why this hasn't been out since the workshop.
Robbi Joy Eklow, I like your work, but I can't get my mind wrapped around your unique fusible applique process, so I think I'd do what works for me. Maybe another throw pillow is in order.
Fabric selection has occurred for Nana's Garden Quilt. Not much else to report regarding that.
Here are two unfinished Quilt-In tops and a guild scrap quilt that involves stitching triangles on the right and left sides of a strip.
Here's yet another Quilt-In top.
This lovely needs quilted.
Upon reflection, this list is way too long. It's a bit depressing. I think I cheer myself up by buying fabric for another project. Yes, that will be fun! (Please don't judge me. It's a sickness.)